Now that I have revisited all the questions I ask myself as mentioned in the last post, I have a set of
While my answers and thoughts are not in any particular order they will give you an idea of the thought processes I use to put together ideas for my final goals.
A lot of this post is just notes, not a particularly coherent piece of text but as I start putting everything together, this will make sense (at least to me).
Maybe as you read through them it will trigger some things that you have overlooked in your own answers. I recommend that you look through and ask yourself if this relates to you as well.
They are intended as a helpful guide for you as well as give you some understanding of my direction.
What will I no longer tolerate?
I will no longer tolerate
- having to work long hours yet not have the funds to do what I want when I want.
- Being unhappy about skin, hair, teeth, nails, body. I feel fat and frumpy and wish to change this.
- being lazy.
- wasting time that could be spent building my online business
- having to travel on a schedule. I want to make money online so that I can choose how long to stay before moving to another location.
- Making with shoes & clothes. I want to be able to buy nice things and look good.
What is stopping me from getting started in changing my life? What are my faults?
- My biggest stumbling block is self-confidence. I risk feeling like a failure and losing face if all does not go to plan
- I feel I may lose my current lifestyle if I put too much time and money into making life changes.
- I need to be careful with money and am hesitant that my actions may cause hardship.
- Lack of motivation. I want to be motivated but need to find some focus so that I push myself.
- I seem to have time limitations mainly due to wasting time on non-essentials.
- I am easily distracted.
- I lack willpower. I find it easy to get off course chasing the next shiny object.
- I can lack determination and sometimes can’t seem to focus when required. I need to be more determined to make the necessary sacrifices.
- I am stopping myself and I seem to be making excuses.
How can I find more time?
I need to stop fussing around procrastinating. I need to read fewer romance novels and spend time taking steps that will help me achieve my goals. I need to take action.
What do I aspire to be?
I want to look neat and tidy. I will continue to educate myself and build an online business. I will feel happy & healthy, fun loving and exciting to be around. I will be a blogger who makes money online and has the finances to travel overseas and enjoy the sites of the world.
What else would make me happy?
- the ability to occasionally stay in motels and resorts for a change of pace.
- money to upgrade my motorhome so that I have plenty of cupboard space and better-designed living space.
- to look and feel great, be fit and healthy with ideal weight & body size, then I would be on top of the world.
- to be able to build up my current business with a view to turning it from a job into something I can sell.
- to continue to learn. I love to read and learn and am working on doing this through the Wealthy Affiliate website. I am continually finding inspirational blog posts and training to help me. I have written a review on this website and it can be found on this blog post
- to attend seminars, both online and in person.
- to afford to buy the things I want, and afford to enjoy my time traveling.
- be confident that I can make it all happen.
- to build my positive beliefs so that I can convince myself that this is the way my life will be from now on.
- find a solid mindset to focus on what is important, so I can achieve my goals and find the true happiness I deserve.
Where would I like to go from here?
I need to build a plan of action to be happy, fulfilled and achieve my dreams.
I need to actually take action steps to begin the journey.
I will continue to learn and grow intellectually, spending time on forums and seeking new ideas to continue to build my online business.
As I travel more I will visit family more often as well as catch up with old friends as well as make new ones.
I will engage in technology and use the computer to its highest potential. I love to share my thoughts and experiences with others
Building my online business will enable me to be able to work less face to face, and have other income
I will manage time better so that I do not procrastinate or do things over again.
I would enjoy having a little more time to spend on my hobbies.
What am I willing to do to motivate myself?
How can I overcome bad habits, improve my attitude, overcome laziness, improve grooming, improve diet & health, find the mindset and motivation to take action and build my blogs?
How can I reward myself along the way as I achieve each step above.
As a reward for good work, I could include the things that I love, having a massage, going to the hairdresser, buying new clothes, dressing up and go out. As I
How can I put myself in a good mood?
I can achieve peace and put myself in a good mood by watching a movie, listening to music, reading something inspiring, achieving the rewards mentioned in the last paragraph and enjoying the comradery of the Wealthy Affiliate community.
What are my blocks, what walls do I put up?
I guess I am lazy and sometimes it feels like it is just too hard. However, I do know that if I set my goals and take action I can make those walls crumble. I have recently achieved this by giving up sugar, now for over a year. Just one step in my goals towards a healthy body and losing weight.
What do I daydream about?
I often lay in bed at night dreaming of having heaps of money and being able to spend money without guilt.
I dream of having plenty of time to just travel and enjoy life being an entrepreneur who has passive ongoing income streams.
What are my physical, emotional & structural Assets and Liabilities?
Time – I have the ability to work most weekends to promote my existing business yet still find time to build an online business during some weekdays and evenings.
As I travel, I can think things through and review writings, from the passenger seat. I can also take photographs.
Most weeks I have at least one free day to build my online business and website as well as most evenings. When I have extra days off, I will work on blog posts and have them ready to go.
I have my laptop, printer and wifi and am willing to continue to learn.
I don’t need to outlay a lot of money to start up.
As we have no home, we have low personal expenses. No rent or rates. I am willing to live simply when required.
I have lots of notes from my journals over the past 30 years to give me content to work through and build my website and online business.
As a business, many of my costs are currently associated with the business and therefore tax deductible so my new online business will also form part of the business.
What are my liabilities?
I don’t have too many physical liabilities. I guess the biggest I have is my procrastination and lack of self-confidence. I have set myself goals and will gain some focus by taking action.
What do I need to work on and improve?
- I need to become more social and talk to people more. This may help me relate to people and find problems to solve.
- I need to listen to other peoples’ ideas so that I can find ways to improve them.
- I need to take action and do one small thing every day to help achieve my goals.
Where to from here?
Now I know what I need to work on, I will set some clear goals for the future.
From the teachings of Tony Robbins I know that for every goal I set, I need to take action, plan, recognize the bad habit that is holding me back and replace with a better alternative. I need to take action, continually review and react accordingly. Small baby steps.
I will look forwards – to see where I want to be and what steps I need to take me there.
Goals – What is the purpose? Will I desire it, plan it, and remind
myself to do it?
I have my goals written on my fridge so I can see them every day.
Next to them I have this list of questions to ask myself.
what is important and needs to be done today?
What can I do that will make a difference today?
What’s the worst that can happen to my life if I don’t do this?
How can I have the best state of mind? Can I smile, be happy, cheerful and determined?
As I ask quality questions I hope to get quality answers. I need to work out what to focus on and what is important.
Some final thoughts for my goals.
I need a time frame for each goal. I need to work out the order of importance, what skills are required and what habits I need to change.
Once I have set my goals the work does not stop. I need to work through again, brainstorm and continually change as I grow and change.
I hope these will help with your goal setting ideas. My aim with this website is to help people have the freedom to travel and enjoy life.
Please leave a comment below and let me know if this has helped you at all. You can also share this post to social media using the share buttons.