Higher Google Rankings
I wanted to share with you my tips on how to achieve higher Google Rankings.
These tips are from my research and I am reworking my blog and adding as many of these features as possible to new and earlier posts as I move forward.
Everyone who builds a website wants to try and ensure that Google finds it so that when someone types a query in search, Google understands that our website may help answer the searcher’s question. Getting this to happen can be a long and daunting exercise. It is not that easy to achieve a high ranking but it can be done.
- Link to an external website preferably not an affiliate.
- Link to related posts within your text and at the end.
- Enlarge your title – after you have the permalink created.
- Add brackets to Title.
- Add FAQ to each post wherever possible.
- 3-4 images (around one per 500 words).
- Show how to do things where possible.
- Ensure images have branded or keyword title before uploading, then add alt tags. Description and Caption where practical.
- Optimize images.
- Keep your load time as quick as possible.
- Ensure the website is mobile friendly.
- Use H3 Headings with related keywords.
- Keyword in title, meta description and image alt tag.
- Longer posts, especially if targeting a big keyword topic.
- Link YouTube video to post.
A wonderful community is nearby.
I am a member of a wonderful website building community called Wealthy Affiliate. This is a learning website and there is formal training on building websites and making money online. There are two sections, a free starter section which allows hosting of 2 websites through a sub domain. (yourwebsitesiterubix.com)
There is also a paid premium section, of which I am a member, with further training and hosting of up to 25 of your own dot com (or similar) websites and 25 sub domain (siterubix) websites. That’s a whole lot of hosting included in a monthly membership fee.
It is also a community of individuals, like you and me, dedicated to building their own websites and helping others achieve the same goals.
Members offer training and assistance as well as answer questions and try to help others.
Unlike many communities, there is no ‘it’s a secret, you might steal my niche mentality’. Each member will share their website, offer feedback and comment and generally help others achieve their online goals. The web is a huge marketplace and there is a place for heaps of people within the same niche.
This blog post, along with my website, may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product from my link I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can find further details on my disclosure page.
I wanted to share with you a blog post from within Wealthy Affiliate where a member shares his tips on How to achieve higher Google Rankings. I am sharing this to show you the sort of information that ordinary members are sharing with others. As a starter member, you can access some pieces of training and read blogs but cannot comment on them.
Have a look and see what you think. It will cost you nothing as a starter member.
I have written a complete review of Wealthy Affiliate on this post.
Did you find this information helpful? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. You can share and follow me on social media using the icons at the bottom, or side, of this post.